For a variety of reasons, I have had to clear the shed of the model railroad. Valerie has insisted that I keep going so I have taken over the spare bedroom, which we only use as a dressing room. It only has a set of wardrobes down one side so we were wasting the space anyway. The space I have is about 7' 6" wide by 2' deep and I can grab a couple of square feet on one end and about 4' x 1' at the other. This means that I can only do the main terminus of my theoretical late '40s short line. Hey, it is warm and I can work there in the evenings so I might just get this one to work.
Progress so far.
In the last two weeks, I have set up a couple of the boards I have salvaged from the shed and worked out a track plan. I have laid all of the track and have spent the last couple of nights doing the wiring. As it will all be DCC, I have set up a power bus using copper tape and tinned copper wire. Here is where I have got to so far. The photos show the situation where I was debugging the wiring. I seemed to have swapped a couple of track polarities as I had to carefully work out what went where. It is all done now so you can see what the wiring looks like under one of the main boards.