- I installed point motors on the fiddle yard along with a Digitrax accessory decoder board. This means that every single point is now operated via the DCC controller.
- I have created a list of NCE Macros that manage all the combination point movements. I still have to remember them all, though.
- I have painted the baseboard black as an undercoat - it still needs one more coat.
- I have painted the rails with a rust mix.
- I have painted the Peco sleepers with a combination of black and greys to tone down the shiny surface of the sleepers.
- I have fitted every item of rolling stock with Kadee couplers. I couldn't stand the complexities of the tension lock type. Now I can easily uncouple wagons with a small screwdriver and I can lift a wagon out without disturbing everything else.
- I have spent this last weekend making my first Metcalfe card kit. The Small stone station.
Next step is to start laying down some ground effects. I will do the Goods Yard first. This will be mostly cinders. Once, done, I will put some ballast in place that and see how we go about toning it all down. Should be good fun!