Saturday 2 July 2016

S&NE Track nearly down.

I have laid the bulk of the track. I have found out that I am short of about 3 yards of straight so I have them on order.  In the meantime, I can get on with the wiring and fitting the point motors.

Here is where I am at the moment.





My normal technique is to lay down a DCC bus using self adhesive copper tape and then connect every thing on to the two strips. I am going to us choc block connectors between the boards as, once the wiring is finished, I am hoping not to have to disturb the boards again.

The last loco that I need to run a minimum service arrived the other day from those great guys at "Model Train Stuff". They have great stock and ship very quickly. Unfortunately, the postage from the US to the UK is very expensive - then I have to pay UK sales tax at 20% and a handling charge. Mind you, that is still cheaper than buying in the UK. I bought an MTH F-3A. This will handle the SNEs daily freights to and from New Haven/Boston. It will have to double up as a multitude of locos until I can afford to buy some more units! It will need a respray and some home made decals to get it ino SNE colours.




No comments: