Wednesday 4 May 2011

HO gone - N Scale - here we come!

Well, thanks to EBay, all of my HO stuff has gone except for a couple of locos which will be gone by the weekend.

I have recovered the N Scale layout I made for the kitchen a couple of years ago. I took up the left hand leg of the 'L' as this was a bit of a mish mash of bits of board knocked together as my plans changed. I placed the N Scale existing layout there and filled in neatly around it.

The final result looks like this:













The final size is 7' 6" x 2' on the long side and 5' 10" x 1' 4" widening out to 1' 9" on the short side.

The original board has been scenicked as you can see.

Here is a quick sketch of what I plan to do. I have left out all the passing loops (3 of them) and all of the industry and yard tracks.
 I will have a final track length of about 2 scale miles.  The trains will arrive in the main yard on the short board travelling in the same direction as they left but that can't be helped. A little imagination will be needed. The arrival and departure yard is on the reverse loop of the short board. There will be two other main towns on the layout, each with their own passing sidings for the way freights to hide.

I have a limited budget because of the EBay income being the only way I can do this but I am hoping for 2 low hood units and a Budd RDC for passengers.

To get a feel for the size, here is a little video of the room.

I hope to have the points and the main box of track before this coming weekend so I will put up some more on Sunday.

No comments: