Monday, 30 May 2011

Some of the scenery is coloured

I have done a first pass at colouring the base coat. I used a mix of plaster and some 'dipping inks' that are used in plastic models to highlight panel lines etc.

As with all of these jobs, you only see what you have missed when you take a picture, so there is some touching up to do.

This is just an initial pass so I still have to smooth out a lot of the joins plus filling in things like screw heads etc. However, I find that you don't see these until you put start the finishing process - then it all looks rotten so you do a huge amount of touch up - and then go again.

All the fun of the fair, as they say!

Anyway, here is what it looks like at the moment.

As ever, just double click on any photo to see a larger version in a new Tab on your browser.

No comments: