Tuesday 13 August 2013

Chris Ward Loco and wagons

As mentioned in the previous post, I have built a little Chris Ward loco and 5 Parkside Dundas 3 ton slate wagons. Here are some photos. Now I have a close up photo of the loco, I can see that I didn't do too good a job of smoothing out the little ridges that come with 3D printing. Never mind, I can always strip the paint off and do a better job. Mind you, I might leave that for now whilst I get the layout on the move. Note that the base board is an internal door cut up. This gives me a very light board that is structurally strong. More shots as I move along.



You can click on each photo to see a larger version.

BTW, the loco will be named for my great wife - Valerie (who hates being called Val but that is all there is room for). I have ordered a set of brass name plates but they may take some time to come.

The wagons have been coupled by fitting dumb buffers to each end, fixing a wire across those at one end and the fitting a static hook on the other end. I have used a spare wire from the Chris Ward tender to attach them to the loco. I do have some Greenwich couplers coming so I will see how they go.

No comments: