Tuesday 18 December 2012

Deciding on the track layout for the new board

I have been thinking about what I want from the new main board for my railroad.  I have been working on, as you would say in the USA - or at least John Armstrong used to say - my givens and druthers. These come out as follows:
  • Must have two separate loops around so that I can run two trains whilst I am switching in the main yard.
  • Must be, ultimately, end to end.
  • Must have two towns for Way Freight operations
So this is my first step - I have laid out all of the track using paper templates so that I can be reasonably sure that it will work. It is on two levels, which, of course, I can't do with templates but I am pretty sure that I can do what I want with what I have. Notice that I have laid out the points in their boxes so if I have a point wrong, I can still change it back at the shop.

Anyway, this is where I am at:


No comments: