Monday 6 November 2023

A new foam core baseboard works



 So, we have torn down the wooden baseboard as it was totally impractical due to the weight of it all. Even with my wife's help, I couldn't manoeuvre it around with any ease. Now it has gone, I bought a pack of black A1 sheets of 5mm foam core. Black is much stronger than the white. This went together really well and I now have all the track relaid and wired up. Unlike the wooden one, where there were issues with point motors, there are no issues with this version so I can get on and build the fiddle yard.


One of the big changes is that I have got rid of the Cobalt Analog motors and some SwitchPilot accessory decoders as there is much more wiring. Now,I have all Cobalt Digital ones which only need two DCC and one frog wire.

No comments: